Friday, August 9, 2013

Review - Bitten by Deceit

Alpha wolf Emma Parker is loyal to a fault, even if it means losing the love of her life when he's ousted from the pack. She's never stopped needing him, and when a black witch curses the pack, she wonders if she'll even survive. It's a poison of the blood, and with each bite, the virus spreads, leaving the infected rabid and under the control of an evil Alpha.

Kyle Benton is starting over. He's a lone wolf, betrayed by the only woman he's ever loved. Until Emma barges back into his life, as gorgeous and determined as ever. He's hell bent on resisting her, or at least making her suffer. But she needs him in a way that touches him to his very soul. Now he has to determine how to set her free, and if he can, how he can ever let her go.




*-*-*-*-*-*
My Review:

This was my first introduction to this author and if her other stories are even close to this level she will quickly move to my autobuy list.  This is a short novella, perfect for an introduction, and perfect for when you need a quick read.

What most impressed me when reading it was how much we learn about Emma and Kyle and their past history, how they feel about it and how it changed them.  All in the space of only a few chapters.  All while still facing the current threat to them and the pack left behind.

While I would love to read more about Emma and Kyle, I can also really say that I am satisfied with the conclusion and where I can see their story heading in the future.   I really can not stress enough how wonderful it was to find all this is a novella.  Getting a story this complete and detailed is something few can accomplish.  I cant wait to pick up her series and see what happens in a full length novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment