Sunday, July 28, 2013

Coastal Magic Author Spotlight - Suzanne Johnson



What made you decide to go to Coastal Magic in 2014?
In 2012 and 2013, I tested out some smaller reader-oriented conventions and some of the mega-conventions, and decided I really love the ambiance of the smaller ones. I love being able to talk to readers and relax and chat, so when I heard about Coastal Magic, I knew it would be ideal. Plus, it's in the Southeast, which means an easier travel time for me. AND...Daytona Beach in February? Seriously, that's pretty awesome!

What are you looking forward to the most while there?
The chance to talk to readers who've read my books, and to readers who maybe haven't been introduced to them. And all of them are fans of the paranormal/urban fantasy genres. I know some folks who've read my Sentinels of New Orleans urban fantasy series under the name Suzanne Johnson don't realize I also write paranormal romance under the name Susannah Sandlin, and vice-versa. So I get to be "both of me." Authors are doing things like having breakfast with readers every morning, and doing smaller gatherings, so it should really be fun!

Will you have a new release or be promoting any specific book or series at the convention?
Elysian Fields, the third book in my Sentinels of New Orleans series, came out in mid-August and should be coming out in paperback about the time of Coastal Magic. I also have a couple of things in the works, such as Deliverance, the fourth book in my Penton series (under the Sandlin name), but am not sure of the timing yet.

Is there anything you would like to share with the attendees before they get there?  Or anything you want to share with those still deciding if they want to go?
I think it's going to be a lot of fun. There are a lot of great authors who'll be there (I might do some fangirl stalking myself), and it's a chance to talk paranormal with other people who love it. And, uh, did I mention it's at Daytona Beach in February?

For more info on Suzanne and her books, check out her website.

About Coastal Magic Convention:

Formally Olde City New Blood in 2014 it will be a fun weekend in Daytona Beach happening in February.  Full of great events for lovers of Paranormal and Urban Fantasy.   With plenty of chances to meet and talk to some of your favorite authors.  This is an event you don't want to miss.  And did I say Florida in February!  There couldn't be a better time of year for such an awesome gathering.

No comments:

Post a Comment