Sunday, September 16, 2012

Excerpt - The Tudor Revival

Seth crossed his arms over his chest. “Are you mad at me about something?”

Alana studied his face for a moment before she said, “I suppose I am.”

“What?”

“Are you serious?”

He nodded. “Obviously.”

Crossing her arms over her chest, she said, “You died then you haunted me.” She nodded toward the house. “Then you brought all this with you.”

“Ah.” She still maintained that feistiness he enjoyed. Seth grinned. “Yeah, sorry about all that.”

Alana frowned. “You’re not sorry in the least.”

“Nope.”

“Then why say that you are?”

“I don’t know. To see you get fired up?”

She inhaled deeply through her nostrils. “I would’ve thought that death would’ve had more of an effect on you, Seth.” Alana pushed away from the rock and walked toward the house.

“What do you mean by that?” He walked after her. “And wouldn’t you rather death didn’t change me?”

Alana stopped so quickly that he nearly walked into her. Face red with anger she pointed a finger at his chest and said, “You needed some adjustments!”

Something about the fire in her eyes and the liquid heat of her tone set off his anger as well. Hell yeah, he needed some adjustments and knew right where to start. Before she knew what hit her, Seth pulled her into his arms.

And made his first adjustment.



No comments:

Post a Comment