Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Excerpt - The Georgian Embrace


The Georgian Embrace Short Excerpt:

"I'll get answers out of you eventually, Isabel."

Lord, he was persistent. Give him some hope then continue to whittle away. "I am quite sure you will but not this eve." She gracefully smoothed her skirts, lowered her voice--hid behind her lashes. "I'll not ask again. Share with me, Devin. I would really like to know what disturbs you so."

Devin's low chuckle warmed her insides. "You think to get answers from me by flirting? Good luck, lass. I invented that method."

Isabel's eyes flew to his. Insolence! She almost faltered at the devilish twinkle in his gaze, the languid way his come-hither eyes roamed her face. Indeed, he did flirt well. She squelched the lop-sided grin she felt beginning to erupt. "I see no reason for your secrecy." Isabel again leaned close and whispered in her best co-conspirator tone, "Then you really are a spy."

His thick-lashed eyes fell to her lips and he leaned closer as well. "In my own way, that is exactly what I am."

Now she was getting somewhere. "Ah, I knew it."


"Did you?" His gaze slowly slid down her neck and she'd swear his finger grazed the soft skin. Goose pimples rose on her flesh.

"Yes, I did." She continued to follow his gaze, could almost feel how he saw her...feminine...enticing. "It makes perfect sense."

"Aye." Devin's gaze fell to her cleavage. "You found me out."

A deep inhale, then he exhaled slowly, his hot breath flaming across her chest. Searing warmth flooded below. Isabel inhaled sharply. His eyes met hers, knowing. How did he do that? What exactly had he done without moving an inch?

"What did I find out?" she murmured, her mind swimming in pleasure, relaxed, not nearly as sharp as it had been moments before.

A ravishing grin crinkled the corners of his eyes, made enticing sweeps of his dark eyelashes. "That I'm not quite who I seem to be."


No comments:

Post a Comment