Monday, April 4, 2011

Guest Post - Laina Turner Molaski

As a writer, and a goal-oriented person, I tend to focus too much on word count. Whether it’s a daily amount or overall, I look at word count as a measurable. When half the time I figure my writing is crap and no one will want to read it at least I can say it’s 90,000 words of crap (I know I’m reaching). But how can one let go of that need to meet the goal when writing is so subjective. I am asking because I want to know how you all out there do it. Do you feel content if you write a certain amount a day, whether you feel it is good or bad? Or do you look at the quality of what you are writing? Obviously at some point we need to look at quality but when? And do we as writers ever really feel its quality? I know I might for a few minutes at a time but it rarely lasts.

This writing thing makes a job a Wal-Mart or Starbucks look appealing at times where I can just show up, do my job, and go home rather than to sit in front of a computer screen and wonder what the next word will be. It’s tough. Lucky for me, and most writers, it’s the passion for writing that keeps me going.

Laina
~~~~~~
Laina Turner-Molaski is a businesswoman, mom, author, Professor, and a major supporter of shopping. She has an undying love for shoes and coffee, which is why she created her main character and alter ego Presley Thurman.

With a lot of letters after her name and a ton of student loan debt, she is always working to pay the bills. While she enjoys her day job, her passion is writing, and she uses a lot of company time writing her fiction or working on her social website for women, Chiczofrenic.com. She is hoping to sell her book before she gets fired from her day job for goofing off.

Laina is currently living in Indiana, with her family, and is always writing something, whether it’s blogs, articles, business journals and books or ideas for her next novel. She is continuously doing what she loves which is writing or drinking coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment