Monday, February 27, 2012

Review - Crossed

Crossed (Matched, #2)Crossed by Ally Condie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I thought this was a great sequel to Matched.  Going into to both books I wasnt sure if it would be something I would like as they are not part of my normal reading genre.  But I am so glad I read them.  And I cant wait for the next book.



In this one we have the same characters but they exhibit more of their strengths and you really get to watch them grow and face this new world they are living in.  They learn how to choose for themselves what they believe is right and wrong and make their own decisions. 



Cassia is who we see the most in this story and therefore really has the biggest change and I really grew to like the character even more thought it.  I didnt always agree with her choices or reasoning.  But I liked how she was strong enough to stand up to and fight for what she believed and dreamed of.  The challenges she faces along with Ky, are immense compared to what she has faced before and its great to see how well she does and what comes out of it.



Ky as a character I still have some issues with.  But Im looking forward to seeing what he becomes in the next book.  And Im really hoping to see more of Xander in the third book as well. 



This really ended up a stunning novel and one not to be missed.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment